OSEA is pleased to provide its members with the following:
Top Ten things our members should know about the FIT 2.0 directive
- The microFIT rules/contract and application window will be available on the OPAs website this week – as early as tomorrow;
- The application window for small FIT will open at the same time as the rules/contract are posted. The OPA is committed to completing this task before the end of the month;
- Greater clarity provided on the prioritization of contract capacity set-aside for projects with greater than or equal to 50% community or aboriginal equity participation. OPA shall prioritize within any FIT window these projects over any other applications that obtain prioritization points;
- Definition of community from April 5th remains unchanged and the focus remains on co-operatives and First Nations;
- Further clarity on project readiness as well as points awarded for projects that applied on or before July 4, 2011 or on or after July 5, 2011;
- Directive introduces a “cure period” for FIT contracts that default on priority points awarded;
- CEPP to allocate $1,000,000 for education and marketing;
- Greater flexibility provided for ground-mount PV in protecting agricultural lands.
- Working Group to be established for project siting concerns; and
- Set-aside established as part of a pilot project for rooftop solar projects on un-constructed buildings.
We will work in your interests to ensure that this commitment is met.
the Ontario Sustainable Energy Association